For future generations to enjoy, we need to start protecting our environment wildlife now.
Current Republicans in Tallahassee have voted to allow fracking off the coast of Florida. Our local environment and wildlife are a treasure not only for the residents of Pinellas County but its an integral part of our tourist ecosystem.
Here’s what I propose to protect our local environment:
- Permanently ban on fracking and offshore drilling in Florida.
- Spend land conservation funds to ensure more land is purchased to preserve our fragile environment and wildlife across Florida.
- Ban sewage dumping into Tampa Bay and instead invest in proper city sewer systems.
- Continue Everglades restoration projects.
- Expand our recycling programs.
- Encourage the use of solar power in our Sunshine State with government subsidies and tax breaks. It’s a perfect fit.